Course Description: A study of the basic concepts of physics using only elementary principals. Topics include the concepts behind mechanics, heat, electricity, magnetism, sound, light, atomic and nuclear physics.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand basic Physics that will better prepare them for more rigorous Ultrasound Physics once accepted into the program.
- Define exactly what is Physics is and how it is applied in life.
- Recognize why it is detrimental to study Physics.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Nurture symbolic thought using basic algebra.
- Think in terms of direct and inverse proportions.
April 16, 2018
April 4, 2018
Thank You for the help you have given me in building a strong foundation for my new career. For someone that has been through a few career changes before, I am gratified to find one that will be as challenging and rewarding as I want to make it. Your presentation of sonography as a profession instead of a trade makes this possible. At times this process has been frustrating, but it has also been a grand adventure. Your combination of knowledge and compassion for your students provides the tools and encourages the fortitude necessary for success. Thank You, Kathy and Misty. Your hard work is appreciated.