Introduction to Patient Care (No book included)
Course Description: This course is designed to provide the student with an overview of health care agencies and treatment centers and the skills required to assist patients in the medical environment.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the various healthcare agencies and the services they provide.
- Demonstrate how to properly wash and glove hands for the purpose of assisting with a sterile procedure.
- Explain the components of good body mechanics with special attention to assisting & transporting patients.
- Discuss the health care provider’s role in infection control and patient safety.
- Describe one’s role in emergency situations.
- Explain how to assist patients with IV’s, oxygen and catheter bags. Discuss various methods of patient assessment and how findings correlate with pathologic states.